Corn and turmeric sauce
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
This sauce is so delicious, it works well with steak, over steamed or roast veges and even goes well with fish such as hapuku.
- In a fry pan heat together the olive oil and butter till the butter is melted.
- Add the corn and onion, cook until the onion is soft and translucent — be careful that it doesn’t brown.
- Add the turmeric and cayenne (or chilli) and cook for another minute.
- Add the white wine, chicken stock concentrate and water and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and heat through.
- Either place the sauce in a blender or use a stick blender to get the sauce to a smooth consistency.
- Return the sauce to the pot and reheat gently to serve with the chicken and mash.
More from Simon's Sunday roast