Leek, bacon and brie pies
( MAKES 6 )
Who doesn’t like a good homemade pie? I like to bake my pastry blind for a crisp base, then add the flaky light puff on top. Sprinkle on the poppy seeds for a finishing touch.
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|1 large||Leek, chopped into 1cm pieces|
|4 slices||Bacon, chopped|
|1 cup||Kumara, grated|
|1 serving||Salt and pepper, to taste|
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- For the base, blitz together the flour,poppy seeds, butter, egg and water toform the dough. Roll on a lightly flouredbench and cut rounds to fit 6 x 8cmmuffin tins. Line with a little paper anduncooked rice and bake blind for 15minutes.
- To make the filling, melt the butter in afrying pan. Add the garlic, leek, bacon andkūmara cooking for 5-8 minutes to soften.Stir through the flour for2 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and cook until thesauce thickens. Season with salt andpepper. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Place the filling into the empty casespressing a wedge of brie into each one.Cut 6 tops from the puff pastry and seal tothe bases with a little water on the edges.
- Brush the tops with a little egg washand sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake for20 minutes until puffed and golden.
See more of Angela's leeky recipes