Warm roasted parsnip salad
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|1 drizzle||Grapeseed oil, or light olive oil|
|4 handfuls||Salad greens|
|125 g||Blue cheese|
- Preheat oven to 200C. Peel and slice the parsnips then toss in enough oil to lightly coat and season with flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spread out on an oven tray and roast for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden.
- After the parsnips have been cooking for 25 minutes, add the walnuts to the oven to toast for 5 minutes.
- Make the dressing by whisking the ingredients together, adding a little salt to taste.
- Heat a large frying pan and add 2 Tbsp oil then the greens and gently stir until just wilted.
- To serve, arrange the greens on plates with the parsnips, sprinkle over the walnuts and crumbled blue cheese, then drizzle on the dressing.