Local fish ceviche with lime, peanuts and coconut milk
( SERVES 10 )
Recipe from Le Barthelemy Hotel & Spa, Saint Barthelemy, Caribbean
|1 kg||White fish fillet, choose thick ones, cut into 1cm cubes. Use up to 2kg|
|150 ml||Lime juice|
|1||Lime, zest only|
|200 g||Tomatoes, peeled and diced 5cm|
|200 g||Fennel, diced 5cm|
|100 g||Red onions, finely chopped|
|50 g||Coriander leaves, chopped|
|100 g||Coconut milk|
|30 g||Salted peanut|
|1 sprinkle||Espelette pepper, or substitute with smoked paprika|
- In an ice-cold bowl, marinate the fish in lime juice and zest for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato, fennel, onion and coriander and lightly toss.
- Stir in the coconut milk and season with salt and espelette pepper. (See note below)
- Transfer to the fridge to chill, it should be served very cold.
- Present the ceviche in halved coconuts garnished with peanuts and coriander.
Find espelette pepper at sabato.co.nz
More recipes from Small Luxury Hotels of the World