( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Jan Bilton
Feel-good food made in one pan.
- Combine the wine and saffron and stand until ready to use.
- Dice the onion. Chop the tomato. Seed and dice the capsicum.
- Season the chicken with flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan on medium-high. Brown the chicken all over and transfer to a plate.
- Place the onion and capsicum in the pan and saute, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the wine/saffron mixture and the bay leaves. Simmer for 10 minutes, until the liquid has almost evaporated.
- Add the rice, stock, chicken and olives. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, then cook for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. The rice should still be a little firm. Remove from the heat and stand for 10 minutes before serving.