( SERVES 10 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
For the chocolate slab, I like to package roughly broken pieces in clear cellophane. It looks heavenly. Another option is to serve the broken pieces in a bowl or plate; it’s a lovely way to help decorate the Christmas table. If you don’t want to break it up, try making the chocolate in small block sizes and then design your own packaging.
|250 g||White chocolate|
|250 g||Dark chocolate|
|1 cup||Mixed nuts, chopped, I used almonds and macadamias|
|½ cup||Glace ginger, chopped|
|¼ cup||Dried fruit, I used cherries|
- Line a 20 x 30cm tin with baking paper.
- In two bowls, over simmering water melt the chocolate separately until completely smooth.
- Spread the dark chocolate on to the tin, leaving spaces, then fill in the gaps with the white chocolate. With a fork get creative and swirl some of the edges to mix the two.
- Sprinkle over the nuts, ginger and dried fruit. Leave to set in a cool place, or place into the fridge to harden.
- Break into pieces and package for gifts or serve to guests.
More festive sweets from Angela