Jamaican Jerk New York Strip Steaks with Citrus Salsa
Perfect for a Summer BBQ this spicy Jerk rub is a quick way to get a powerful hit of flavour. Simply rub it on the meat while it blooms and it’s ready to go. Add a fresh side like this citrus salad to balance the heat.
- Bloom the meat - Remove Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks from packaging and set aside to bloom before cooking.
- Make the Jerk spice - In a small blender combine the allspice, brown sugar, garlic, chilli, spring onion, cinnamon and soy sauce. Rub this over all surfaces of the New York Strip Steaks and allow to rest at room temp for 10 mins.
- Make the citrus salsa - In a bowl combine the diced mango, mandarin, avocado, coriander, chilli and lime juice. Season to taste.
- Grill the corn - Cut 1 corn cob in half. Blanch corn for 10 minutes. Oil the corn and grill on a griddle pan until charred.
- Cook the meat - Heat a skillet, frying pan or BBQ plate pan on moderate heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Grill the steak for 3 mins one side, turn and then 3 mins the next.
- Give it a rest - Remove Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks from pan and cover with foil. Leave to rest for 5 minutes, before slicing across the grain.
- Serve it up - Serve the Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks with jerk with spicy citrus salsa and grilled corn with chilli salt and coriander leaves.