Kumara, spinach and ricotta cannelloni
( SERVES 6 )
The cannelloni can be filled then covered and refrigerated for several hours before being topped with the sauce and baked. Do not overcook or the sauce will evaporate.
- Peel and grate the kumara. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Sauté the kumara, until softened. Add the garlic.
- Finely slice the spinach and add to the pan. Cook until wilted. Season well.
- Combine the ricotta and eggs until well mixed. Season. Add half to the cooled kumara mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly oil a 28cm x 20cm baking pan.
- Using a teaspoon, fill the cannelloni tubes with the kumara mixture. Place in a single layer in the baking pan. Top with the tomato pasta sauce then the remaining ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 10 minutes or until golden. Stand for 10 minutes then serve immediately.
More pasta from Jan