Strawberry ice cream
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
To really get you in the summery mood, try this delicious icecream. Scoop into cones, serve with poached fruit or wedge between meringues. (This is a great way to use up the egg whites. Add a drop of rose water for a hint of delicate flavour).
- Beat the yolks and sugar until light and creamy.
- Heat the cream, milk and almond essence to just before boiling.
- While beating the egg mixture slowly, gently pour in the cream mixture. Return to a clean pot.
- Over a low heat, stir continuously until you your custard just coats the back of a spoon. Pour into a bowl and leave to cool completely.
- Before placing into your ice cream maker or freezing, fold through the pureed strawberries.
- Remove from the freezer a few minutes before serving.
More summer flavours from Angela