( MAKES 50 )
Delicious! If preferred, cut the unbaked log in half and freeze one half for up to 3 months. These biscuits are photographed above, on the right.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder and salt into a bowl.
- Cream the butter, until light. Beat in the icing sugar, until creamy. Add the orange rind and vanilla essence. Beat well. Slowly add the flour mixture mixing until just combined.
- Roll into a 4cm diameter log on a sheet of plastic film. Roll up tightly and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line 1 or 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Unwrap the log and cut into 5mm rounds. Place on the baking tray. Sprinkle with the coffee crystals.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
More biscuits from Jan