Green herb crepes with chicken filling
( MAKES 6-7 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Who doesn’t love a good crepe? This is a good basic recipe for sweet or savoury pancakes, which you can keep coming back to. Here they work as a vessel to hold a light chicken mixture (a good way to use leftovers), perfect for lunch with a glass of chilled white wine on a gorgeous spring day.
For the crepes
For the filling
- Place flour, salt, and eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in the milk in two or three lots until the smooth. Stir through the herbs.
- Heat a crepe or heavy-based pan to a medium heat. Grease the base a little. Pour in some batter and swirl around the pan spreading it thinly. Cook until the edges come free, then flip and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. Continue with the remaining batter.
- For the filling, combine mayonnaise, yoghurt, chutney and zest in a large bowl. Stir in chicken, salt and pepper to taste, herbs and rocket.
- Fill the crepes folding over as you go.
- Serve with a lemon wedge to squeeze over.
More fresh spring recipes from Angela