Stuffed figs with blue cheese and orange
( SERVES 4 )
- Preheat the oven to 185 degC.
- Drizzle the onions with olive oil, place cut side down, on non-stick baking paper and roast until cooked through.
- In a bowl, cream the cheese, orange zest and cream.
- Roll into hazelnut-sized pieces and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Remove the skin and chop the onion, place in a blender with the brown sugar, mustard and blitz until smooth.
- With the motor running, add the olive oil then salt.
- Pre-heat deepfryer to 180 degC. Place the cheese balls in the centre of the figs, dip into the tempura batter and cook until golden.
- Serve on onion puree or with green beans and almonds as an entree.