Celeriac and potato with parsnip crisps
( SERVES 4 )
- Peel the celeriac and roughly chop. Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, garlic and thyme, stir for a few minutes then add the diced potato and celeriac.
- Pour over the stock and cream then add enough water to barely cover then turn the heat down to low.
- Season. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the potato and celeriac are tender.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over a high heat, then add the parsnip slices in batches, cooking until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Puree the soup and serve in warm bowls topped with the parsnip crisps and a little thyme.