Cheese and garlic baked polenta
( SERVES 4 )
Polenta “shapes” are fun to make and can be served as a base for various meats and vegetables.
- Bring water, milk, salt, a good grind of black pepper and a pinch of nutmeg (optional) to the boil.
- Stir in polenta, lower heat and cook, stirring for 20-30 minutes until very thick.
- Remove from the heat and stir in ¼ cup of the parmesan and ¼ cup of the gruyere.
- Pour onto a baking tray, spreading 5mm thick to create a rough square. Leave to cool and set.
- Cut polenta into triangles, rounds or fingers and arrange in a buttered baking dish. Sprinkle over the garlic, thyme and remaining cheese and dot with butter.
- Bake at 200C for 15-20 minutes until golden and crisp.
Food stuck to your favourite cookware?
Clean it with the Chux non-scratch Silver Scourer.