Caramelised pear croissants
( SERVES 4 )
I used Puhoi’s Vanilla Bean Custard.
- Combine the brown sugar, lemon juice, maple syrup and cinnamon and place in a large frying pan. Heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Peel, quarter and core the pears. Add to the pan. Turn the pears to coat well.
- Poach for 15-20 minutes, until cooked, basting often and turning once. Place aside but keep warm.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Halve the croissants horizontally and spread the cut sides thickly with custard. Place the bases on the baking tray and top with the pears. Sandwich together with the tops.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- Serve with any remaining syrup on the side. Great served dusted with a combo of ground cinnamon and icing sugar with whipped cream on the side.
If you liked this recipe, try Jan's kiwano alaskas