( SERVES 8 )
If you enjoy green tea you will love this dessert as it combines Japanese powdered green tea with a traditional cheesecake mixture. It also makes a great dessert for St Patrick's Day.
For the crumb crust
For the filling
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Powdered gelatine|
|350 g||Cream cheese, at room temperature|
|1||Lemon, finely grated rind only|
|4 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|2 Tbsp||Matcha (green tea) powder|
|1 cup||Apple, cooked, well drained, diced; can be replaced with pineapple|
For the garnish
- Combine the biscuit crumbs and butter and press onto the base and sides of a greased 20cm springform cake pan. Chill.
- Place the eggs and caster sugar in a double boiler and whisk over simmering water until thick and creamy.
- Meanwhile soak the gelatine in the 2 Tbsp water. Dissolve over hot water or in the microwave.
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the egg mixture, gelatine, lemon rind, juice and matcha powder.
- Whip the cream until thick and fold into the cream cheese mixture. Fold in the fruit.
- Pour into the chilled biscuit shell. Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Serve topped with the kiwifruit.
More St Patrick's Day recipes from Jan