Chocolate coconut slice
( SERVES 16 )
|1 cup||Plain flour, sifted|
|2 Tbsp||Cocoa powder, sifted|
|⅓ cup||Brown sugar|
|1 cup||Shredded coconut|
|185 g||Butter, melted|
|1||Egg, lightly beaten|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Place the flour, cocoa, sugar and coconut in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the butter and egg and mix until just combined. Press into a 23cm-square shallow tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Allow to cool in the tin.
- To make the chocolate icing, place the sugar, cocoa, butter and water in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spread over the cooled slice and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the icing is set. Slice to serve.
* A brownie pan is a shallow-sided square slice pan. The shallow sides means the slice bakes more evenly. If you don't have one you can use a 22cm-square cake tin.