Crown roast of lamb
( SERVES 6 )
Ask your butcher to prepare the crown or MYO using 2 large racks of lamb and tie them together at the ends with string to form a crown — fat-side inside.
|½ cup||Herb stock, hot|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 pinch||Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|1 tsp||Chopped rosemary|
|1 tsp||Thyme leaves|
|1||Egg, lightly beaten|
- Place the couscous in a medium bowl and add the hot stock. Stir then stand until the liquid has been absorbed by the couscous
- Sauté the shallots in the oil, until softened. Using a fork fluff the couscous and add the shallots, black pepper, herbs and egg.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Brush a roasting pan with the oil and add the roast. Press the stuffing into the centre of the crown. Brush the meat with melted jelly. Protect the end of the bones with a small piece of foil. Roast for about 35 minutes until the meat is brown on the outside and pink inside with an internal temperature of 70°C. Brush often with the jelly.
- Top the end of the bones with paper frills. Serve hot or cold.
More roast meat recipes from Jan