Dark chocolate, cherry & almond cookies
- Preheat oven to 165C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Gently melt together the chocolate and butter together, either in a heatproof bowl over a simmering pot of water, or in a microwave. Heat until the butter has melted and then stir until the remaining chocolate melts too.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs and sugar with a wooden spoon until combined. Add the melted chocolate mixture, then stir in all remaining ingredients. Mix together — the mixture will be thick.
- Using two tablespoons, drop spoonfuls of dough onto the baking tray, leaving plenty of room for the cookies to spread.
- Bake the cookies for 11 to 12 minutes, until their topsjust crack. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5-10mins. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
If you liked this Christmas recipe, try Delaney's spicy red Christmas 'kraut for a tasty and original Christmas gift