Gluten-free paprika pastry olives
( MAKES 60 )
These nibbles can be prepared ahead and refrigerated or frozen in an airtight container. Reheat briefly in the microwave.
- Place the flour and butter in a food processor and blend until the consistency of breadcrumbs. Add the cheese and egg and process for another minute, until the ingredients begin to bind.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured board and form into a ball.
- Mould 1 teaspoon of dough around each olive and place on an ungreased baking tray. Chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden.
- Great dusted with a little more smoked paprika. Serve warm or at room temperature.
More nibbles from Jan