( MAKES 20-24 )
Photo by Tam West
|2 whole||Baby cos lettuce, about 20-24 leaves|
|⅓ cup||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|1 clove||Crushed garlic, use up to 2 crushed cloves|
|1||Lime, juiced and zested|
|1||Eggplant, cut into chunks|
|3||Tomatoes, use up to 5 if they are small, halved|
|1 drizzle||Olive oil|
|1 handful||Chopped parsley|
- Blanch the outer leaves from 2 baby cos (20-24 leaves) in boiling water until they just change colour. Refresh in icy water, pat dry, cut out the stem from each leaf and chill.
- To make the sauce, whisk yoghurt with 1-2 cloves crushed garlic, tahini and the lime juice. Season with freshly ground black pepper and chill.
- Cut eggplant into chunks, halve tomatoes. Toss all with cumin, freshly ground black pepper, lime zest (or use lemon zest) and a big glug of olive oil. Roast in a medium oven until eggplant is tender.
- Once cool, add the chopped parsley and season with sea salt flakes and mash lightly with a fork.
- Add spoonfuls of mix to each lettuce leaf. Add a drizzle of the sauce and fold into small parcels. Chill to serve, with remaining sauce for dipping.
More of Warren's cooked lettuce recipes