Cauliflower cheese quiche
( SERVES 8 )
The crust can be prepared a day ahead and chilled. The finished quiche can be refrigerated for up to 2 days, then reheated.
|½ cup||Parmesan cheese, finely grated|
|1 large||Egg, lightly beaten|
|1 tsp||Italian herbs, dried|
- To make the crust, discard the leaves and stalks from the cauliflower. Place the cauliflorets in a sieve and wash. Drain well. Pulse in batches in a blender or food processor, until they resemble breadcrumbs. Place in a large microwave bowl. Cook on high for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until tender. Cool. Place in a sieve and press out any excess water. Return to the dry bowl.
- Combine the cheese, egg, herbs and seasonings and add to the cauli. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Lightly oil a 23cm quiche dish. Press the mixture onto the base and sides. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the crust starts to brown. Cool.
- To make the filling, steam the spinach, until limp. Cool, chop finely, then press out any excess moisture.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Pan-fry the onion and capsicum, until softened. Stir in the garlic then add to the spinach. Cool. Spoon into the cauliflower crust. Top with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and seasonings and pour over the filling. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the filling is set. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing into wedges.
More cheesy eggy recipes from Jan