Banana and sour cream cake
( MAKES a 20cm cake )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease or line the cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the banana and fold through.
- Mix the vanilla, sour cream and baking soda together, then add to the banana mixture. Stir in the ground almonds.
- Sift the flour and cinnamon, then add. Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for approximately 50 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- When the cake is cool, slice in half and spread with whipped cream and sliced bananas. Dust the top layer liberally with icing sugar.