Juicy Asian pork burgers with slaw
( SERVES 4 )
Sometimes it’s the simplest of things that can warm you up and transport you back to your childhood. Funnily for us, mince does just that. For as long as we can remember this humble “cut” of meat has been a staple in our family. Whether it’s in our mum’s mince pie or good old spaghetti bolognaise, it has the power to soothe the soul and satiate a hunger for more than food. This week we decided to jazz up pork mince with a few herbs and spices.
|800 g||Pork mince, free range|
|2||Spring onions, finely chopped|
|3 Tbsp||Sweet chilli sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Sesame oil|
|½ cup||Chopped coriander|
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients for the patties and combine well. Roll into four equal-sized patties.
- Heat a large fry pan over medium heat.
- Add the oil and cook the patties for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Feel free to prise a knife into the middle to check.
- In a large bowl combine all of the coleslaw ingredients.
- Place a patty on one bun and top with the coleslaw and the other half bun. Enjoy.
Try this lamb mince recipe from Karena and Kasey