Coconut yoghurt chicken
( SERVES 4 )
For those people with a lactose intolerance who love yoghurt then Raglan Coconut Yoghurt is new and delicious. Initially made by Raglan couple Seb Walter and Latesha Randall for their own enjoyment, this probiotic yoghurt is now available in jars from many supermarkets and delis. I’ve given my spiced marinated chicken extra pizzazz using this coconut yoghurt. It’s also fabulous in desserts, smoothies and bakes.
|½ cup||Coconut yoghurt|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|¼ tsp||Ground cumin|
|¼ tsp||Garam masala|
|¼ tsp||Ground turmeric|
|1||Lemon, juiced and finely grated|
|2 large||Chicken breasts, skinned and boned, halved lengthways|
|2 Tbsp||Canola oil, for frying|
- Combine the coconut yoghurt, olive oil, garlic, spices, salt, lemon rind and juice to make a marinade.
- Place the chicken in a plastic bag and add the marinade. Move the chicken around so it is evenly coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Return the chicken to room temperature.
- Heat the canola oil in a non-stick frying pan. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Pan-fry on all sides, until golden. Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the sauce, adding water to thin. Serve drizzled over the chicken.
More coconut recipes from Jan