Lamb chops with feta and cucumber, crushed lemony peas and risone
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tam West
This is a dish of four quick simple elements, fried or barbecued lamb chops, a sauce of crumbled feta, yoghurt and grated cucumber, boiled peas crushed with butter and preserved lemon peel, and boiled risone pasta.
Feta and cucumber
|150 g||Cows feta, crumbled|
|150 g||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|½||Cucumber, peeled, split in half lengthways, seeds scraped out, grated, then squeezed dry in handfuls|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|1 small handful||Mint leaves, thinly sliced|
Lamb, peas and risone
- Put the oil, rosemary and crushed garlic into a large bowl and mix well. Add the lamb and mix so that the chops are evenly coated.
- Boil the risone until tender to the bite in a large saucepan of well salted water. Drain and reserve.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan, barbecue or ridged grill over high heat and fry the lamb for about 4 minutes each side until well browned but pink and juicy inside. Remove from the heat.
- Boil the peas for 3 minutes in plenty of water. Drain, add the lemon peel and butter and crush the peas with a potato masher, taste and season.
- Serve the lamb on the risone and peas with a dollop of the feta and cucumber sauce. Serve the remainder of the sauce in a bowl on the side.
More fast recipes from Ray