Almond butter-stuffed dates
( MAKES 12 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Homemade almond butter is my favourite, although other flavours and bought versions work just as well. These sweet morsels make the perfect end to a meal and are a great for a snack during the day. It is essential to use fresh dates — the dry ones can be a bit chewy.
- Slice the dates down one side and carefully remove the stones. Spoon a little butter into each date. Sit on a piece of baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Remove from the heat.
- Dip the dates carefully into the chocolate and roll to cover completely.
- After coating, toss half the dates in the shredded coconut.
- Place dates back on the baking paper and allow to cool completely before eating.
More autumn recipes from Angela