Grilled duck and white couscous salad
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Prick the skin side of the duck and season.
- Place on a grill and cook for 10 minutes then turn over and continue for another 10. Let rest for 10 minutes before shredding the meat.
- Core and slice the tomatoes. Lay on a dish covered with baking paper and sprinkle with vinegar, then season. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Pour the couscous into a bowl and pour just enough boiling water over to cover.
- Add the olive oil and butter then cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let steam for 15 minutes.
- Remove the wrap, add the lemon juice, zest and parsley, then fluff together with a fork.
- Serve the couscous combined with the shredded duck on the tomatoes with extra parsley and lemon.