Gluten-free pecan pie cheesecake
( SERVES 10 )
|½ cup||Golden syrup|
|75 g||Butter, melted|
|2||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|1½ cups||Pecans, coarsely chopped|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence|
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Lightly grease a 23cm springform cake pan. Line the base with baking paper. Wrap foil around the outside and base of the pan.
- To make the crust, crush the biscuits finely and combine with the butter. Press onto the base and sides of the cake pan bringing the crumbs about 3cm up the sides.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool.
- To make the pecan base, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer, stirring often, until thick. Cool. Pour onto the base.
- Reduce the oven to 160C.
- Using an electric beater, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add the brown sugar and cornflour. Beat until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the cream and vanilla essence. Pour over the pecan mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the sides are set but the centre is still a little wobbly. Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil, and cool on a wooden board. Chill for 12 hours before serving.
See more of Jan’s make-ahead festive desserts