Butterflied summer lamb
( SERVES 8 )
Ask your butcher to bone the lamb for you but don’t wait until the day before Christmas.
- Place the lamb in a large casserole. Combine the marinade ingredients and pour over the lamb. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 days, turning regularly.
- Drain the lamb and pat dry. Reserve the marinade.
- Grill the lamb about 10cm away from the source of heat. Cook for 12-15 minutes per side for medium-rare depending on the thickness.
- Meanwhile, strain the marinade and boil, until thickened.
- Transfer the lamb to a platter. Cover and rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Serve with the thickened marinade.