Spiced potatoes and peas with feta and coriander
( SERVES 4 )
|4 Tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|4 cloves||Garlic, finely chopped|
|4 Tbsp||Chopped ginger|
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Cumin seeds|
|1 tsp||Black mustard seeds|
|1||Red chilli, thinly sliced|
|1 tsp||Ground turmeric|
|1 kg||Little Diggers potatoes, well scrubbed, halved|
|1 cup||Frozen peas, thawed|
|200 g||Feta, crumbled|
|2 sprigs||Fresh coriander, for serving|
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger, onion, cumin and mustard seeds, the zest and chilli.
- Mix well and fry gently for 10 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the turmeric, potatoes and enough water to cover. Mix well and bring to the boil.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, the water has almost all evaporated and the mixture is thick.
- Stir in the peas and simmer another 4 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt.
- Serve the potatoes warm or at room temperature sprinkled with the feta and coriander sprigs with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing.