Balsamic caramelised walnuts
( MAKES 3 cups )
- Heat the oven to 150°C.
- Line a large baking pan with baking paper. Spray with the oil.
- Place the walnuts in a large bowl.
- Combine the sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Add to the nuts and toss to coat well.
- Scatter onto the lined pan. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally. Cool completely.
- Break up the nuts and store in airtight containers.
See Jan's other festive edible gift ideas: