( SERVES 8 )
- Heat the oven to 180C. Brush the base and sides of a 21-23cm round springform cake pan and line the base with baking paper. Brush the paper with oil. Wrap the outside of the pan with foil.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Sauté the onion and mushrooms, until just tender.
- Cut the asparagus into 5cm lengths. Cut thick stems in half lengthwise. Microwave until crisp tender.
- Place the yoghurt, cream, eggs, garlic, basil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk until well combined. Pat the capsicum dry and add with the drained vegetables and cheese. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Arrange some of the asparagus tips on top.
- Bake for 1 hour until puffy and golden and the centre no longer jiggles when shaken.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Try Jan's other brunch recipes