Melon and pawpaw salad with sesame praline
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Heat a small frying pan and toast the sesame seeds dry for a couple of minutes, stirring until golden.
- Tip the seeds out on to a greased or baking paper-lined tray.
- Heat the sugar with the water in a heavy based saucepan, stirring until the sugar has dissolved, then boil until golden.
- Remove the caramel and pour over the sesame seeds. Leave to become hard, then roughly chop.
- Halve the melon and pawpaw. Remove the seeds and skin then slice. Arrange on serving dishes with the praline, adding a squeeze of fresh lime if desired.