Korean vegetable and prawn pancakes
( SERVES 4 )
|1 cup||Plain flour|
|2 tsp||Sesame oil|
|4||Spring onions, finely sliced|
|1 cup||Beans, sliced|
|1 cup||Mung bean sprouts|
|250 g||Prawns, raw, shelled, deveined and chopped|
|1 serving||Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1 serving||Canola oil, for frying|
- Whisk the eggs and water in a large bowl, until well mixed. Gradually whisk in the flour and oil.
- Add the spring onions, beans, bean sprouts, carrot and prawns and mix well. Season.
- Heat a 20cm non-stick frying pan on medium. Add a teaspoon of canola oil. Ladle about ¼ of the batter into the pan, spreading it out evenly. Pan-fry for about 3 minutes until the base is golden. Flip over and continue to cook until golden and set.
- Remove to a warm platter and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- To serve, cut the pancakes into quarters and serve with the combined dipping sauce ingredients.
See more of Jan's prawn and squid recipes