Venison medallions with roasted beetroot, parsnip and hazelnuts
( SERVES 3 )
Photo by Doug Sherring
You could also use venison steaks or backstrap for this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 190C. For the roast beetroot and parsnip, lay vegetables in a roasting dish. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for about 20-25 minutes. Add the hazelnuts for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- For the venison, rub the medallions in a little oil and heat your frying pan with a little oil.
- Cook the medallions in the frying pan, flipping once, on a high-medium heat. This should take between 6-8 minutes for medium rare.
- Rest for a few minutes in a dish, covered in tinfoil.
- To serve, place vegetables and a few salad leaves on a plate, with the venison. Scatter the hazelnuts over and drizzle with pomegranate reduction.
See more of Delaney's venison recipes