Chocolate and coconut crispy slice
With no need to cream the butter and sugar this tasty slice can be whipped up in a flash, morning or night. This used to be my go to slice for morning and afternoon teas - it is also a great go to when you have forgotten the school bake sale - because the ingredients are usually on hand.
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|¼ cup||Cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|2 cups||Desiccated coconut, plus extra for topping|
- Heat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 34 x 24cm slice tin.
- Melt butter, sugar and cocoa over a gentle heat.
- Sift flour and baking powder in to a bowl. Add coconut and melted butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Press into the lined tin and smooth with the back of a spoon. Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm around the edges.
- Mix together the icing sugar, cocoa and butter with enough boiling water to form a smooth icing. Ice while warm and sprinkle with extra coconut.
More chocolate slices you might like