Warm salad of beef and mushrooms with crunchy croutons
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
I love to surprise guests with a selection of oyster, shiitake and field mushrooms, all mixed together as I have done here, with a simple beef salad. Warm salads are great for this time of year and a steak goes a long way when it is sliced thinly. Just add crunchy croutons to finish.
|4||Sirloin steaks, 120g each|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 cloves||Garlic, sliced|
|250 g||Mixed mushrooms|
|½ cup||Basil leaves|
|¼ cup||Chopped parsley|
- Rub the steaks with paprika and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to a medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Heat pan to high and cook the steaks for 3 or 4 minutes on each side or until done to your liking. Set aside for 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes, steak, croutons, basil and parsley.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well. Dress the salad and serve.
Check out more of Angela's mushroom recipes