Almond and orange Anzac biscuits + video
( MAKES 24 biscuts )
A clever take on traditional Anzac biscuit that works really well, bake a batch of these and enjoy with a cuppa.
- Heat oven to 180C. Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Melt butter and golden syrup together. Stir well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, coconut, oats and almonds, and mix well, ensuring there are no large lumps of brown sugar. Stir in orange zest.
- In a small cup or bowl, mix together orange juice and baking soda until soda has dissolved, then stir into melted butter mixture.
- Working quickly, pour foaming melted butter mixture into dry ingredients and stir until well combined (use your hands if you’re making a double batch, it’s easier!).
- Take handfuls of mixture (it will be very wet and sticky) and firmly squeeze into golf-ball-sized balls (about 35g). Place on prepared tray with about 5cm between biscuits and press down to flatten.
- Bake biscuits for 13–15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on trays until firm enough to handle then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.