Feijoa and lime muffins
( SERVES 10 )
Photo by Elizabeth Clarkson
These muffins are quite tart, with all the fragrance of feijoas and a refreshing tang from the lime juice and zest.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Place paper cup liners in a muffin pan.
- Using a zester, take strips of zest from one of the limes and reserve for the top of the muffins.
- Finely grate the zest of the other 2 and squeeze the juice from all 3.
- Tip this into a large bowl with the melted butter and eggs. Whisk together until light and fluffy.
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder and fold gently into the mixture with the sugar.
- Finally, fold in the feijoas and fill the muffin cups three-quarters full.
- Sprinkle the tops with a little extra sugar and the reserved zest.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and firm to the touch when patted.