Mangosteen salad with seared pork and snowpeas
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|1||Salt, (to season)|
|400 g||Pork loin, (or 2x200g)|
|1 Tbsp||Grapeseed oil|
|1||Red banana chilli, (finely sliced)|
|½ cup||Fresh coriander|
|150 g||Roasted cashew nuts|
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Season the pork with the salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan and when hot, add the oil and then the pork.
- Sear on all sides until golden, then transfer to the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the mangosteens as described above in the tip. Combine the fruit with the snowpeas, chilli, coriander and cashews.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Slice the pork and toss with the salad ingredients and the dressing. Arrange in bowls or on plates to serve.