Steamed hazelnut and raspberry pudding
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Toast the hazelnuts in a hot pan, tossing until fragrant and golden, put into a lidded jar and shake to remove the skins.
- Grease a 500ml pudding basin then put 1 Tbsp of jam into the bottom, followed by the raspberries.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale, add the egg and extra jam and beat well. Sift the flour and salt then fold in.
- Dissolve the soda in the milk and fold into the mixture. Spoon into the basin and either screw on the lid or cover with baking paper and secure with string.
- Steam for 30 minutes or until the pudding feels firm to touch.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before turning out and garnishing with the hazelnuts and more raspberries if necessary. Serve warm with cream or custard.