Turmeric cauliflower with grilled coriander carrots
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|2 Tbsp||Grapeseed oil, plus extra|
|1 tsp||Sea salt flakes|
|2 Tbsp||Coriander seeds, crushed|
|1 cup||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|1||Lebanese cucumber, or telegraph, deseeded|
|1 cup||Mint leaves|
|1||Roti, or naan bread to serve|
|1 leaf||Fresh coriander, (to garnish)|
- Preheat oven to 200C. Cut the cauliflower into small florets, and using your hands, toss with the turmeric and oil. Season well with salt and spread out on a baking tray. Cook for 15 minutes.
- On a second tray, toss the carrots with 2 tsp of oil and the coriander seeds, season and add to the oven.
- Continue cooking for another 15 minutes or until golden. Take the cauliflower out earlier if necessary - the cooking time will depend on the size of the florets. Toss both cauliflower and carrots occasionally.
- Mix the yoghurt, salt, cucumber and finely chopped mint leaves together.
- Serve the warm vegetables with raita and either naan or roti.