Cosset's spiced cauliflower salad
Photo by Kellie Gray
|½||Cauliflower, medium, cut in florets|
|1||Onion, cut in quarters|
|1 tsp||Curry powder|
|½ tsp||Cumin, powder|
|½ tsp||Ground turmeric, fresh or dried|
|1 pinch||Chilli flakes|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
|1 dash||Olive oil|
|½||Lemon, freshly juiced|
- Soak dried chickpeas in plenty of cold water and baking soda for four to six hours.
- Once soaked, boil chickpeas in fresh water until tender.
- Remove chickpeas from heat and add one teaspoon of salt to the pot. Let it rest for 10 minutes then drain.
- Combine the cauliflower, onion, curry powder, cumin powder, turmeric, chilli flakes and sea salt in a roasting dish along with olive oil lemon juice.
- Roast in a hot oven (200C) until golden (about 20 - 30 minutes).
- Once cooled, mix together the roasted ingredients with the chickpeas.
- Add parsley, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Garnish with seasonal fresh herbs and/or salad greens.