Gluten-free chocolate cake with almonds and raspberries
|150 g||Dark chocolate, chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Brandy, optional|
|1 Tbsp||Instant coffee, mixed with 1 Tbsp hot water, or use 1 short black espresso|
|120 g||Butter, softened|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 cup||Ground almonds|
|1 cup||Whipped cream|
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease the cake tin and line with baking paper.
- Put the chocolate, brandy and coffee in a bowl over simmering water. Stir gently and when melted, add the butter and sugar. Mix well then add the almonds.
- Mix in the egg yolks one at a time. Beat the whites until firm, then fold into the chocolate mixture and spoon into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes then test with a skewer and bake for another 5 minutes if necessary.
- For the ganache, gently melt the chocolate, cream and milk over simmering water. Stir until smooth.
- When the cake has cooled, carefully halve and fill with whipped cream. Pour ganache over the cake and top with raspberries.