Sugarless banana loaf
( SERVES 10 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
This loaf is quick to make and keeps well in an airtight container, making it perfect for packed lunches and snacks. If you are serving this on plates, a great big dollop of Greek yoghurt is a fabulous finishing touch.
- Preheat an oven to 170C. Line a 22cm x 11cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Drain the dates and place into a blender. Add the agave and bananas and blend until almost smooth. (A few chunks of banana and date in the mix are okay.)
- Add butter, eggs and vanilla essence and blend to combine.
- Into a bowl place the flours and baking powder. Pour in the wet mixture and stir gently until well combined.
- Place into your lined loaf tin, smooth the top. Cook for 50 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Remove and cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with yoghurt. Keep in an airtight container.