Corn, coconut and coriander fritters with peach salsa
( SERVES 4 )
With so much delicious summer produce available, it's difficult making decisions regarding which delight to enjoy next. This time of year sweetcorn is in full flush.
|2 cups||Corn kernels|
|½ cup||Coconut milk|
|½ cup||Fresh coriander, finely chopped|
|3 Tbsp||Self raising flour|
|2 Tbsp||Rice bran oil|
|2||Peaches, ripe, halved, stoned, peeled and thinly sliced|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|2 Tbsp||Rocket, finely chopped|
|½ tsp||Chilli paste|
- Blanch and drain the corn. Cool. Combine with the egg yolks, coconut milk, coriander, salt, pepper and flour.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Take heaped tablespoons of the corn mixture and place in the pan. You will need to work in batches. Cook on low heat until bubbles appear on the top. Flip over and continue cooking until the undersides are golden. Keep warm in the oven while cooking the remainder. You should have 12 fritters.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the salsa.
- To serve, place 1 fritter in the centre of each of 4 serving plates. Top with a little salsa. Top with another fritter, more salsa and a final fritter. You will have 4 stacks.
- This is great drizzled with a sweet chilli sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.