Duck, noodle and Asian herb salad
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tamara West
For real ease of preparation, buy a roast duck from a Chinese restaurant (the ones hanging in the window). For a more economical version, roast chicken can be used instead. It’s the freshness of the herbs, crunchy textures and well-balanced dressing that make this salad so delicious.
For the salad
For the dressing
- Place rice vermicelli in a dish or bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside until soft and cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Use scissors to snip noodles in several places to shorten the strands (this will make it much easier to eat).
- Mix all dressing ingredients together.
- Reheat duck until warmed through.
- In a large bowl, toss noodles, duck and remaining salad ingredients together, and toss with the dressing just before serving. Serve immediately.