Elderflower poached peaches with almond cream
( SERVES 6 )
This desert will tempt the tastebuds of any sweet tooths you know... and make you look like a star in the kitchen.
- Score the peaches with the point of a sharp knife along the natural grooves.
- Put into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 10 minutes then peel.
- Put the water, wine, sugar and lemon in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer until reduced by half, skimming the surface if necessary.
- Remove the zest and pour the syrup over the peaches.
- Whip the cream and fold through the toasted ground almonds. Serve on the side.