Summer tomato soup
( SERVES 2 )
This easy recipe highlights the flavour of the tomato at the peak of its season, with delicious herbs to give it extra zing.
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a frying pan on a low-medium heat, add all ingredients except for the basil.
- Season well with salt and pepper, stirring well and watching the juices come out from the tomatoes, tasting as you go and adjusting seasoning.
- Cook on low for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add basil and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, allow to rest and cool for at least 8-10 minutes.
- When slightly cool, place all the ingredients into a highspeed blender and blend until nice and creamy.
- Reheat your blended soup on a low heat and serve.